Going Green Blog Background

Friday 26 May 2017

Black and White




Granddaughter No 2 is 11 today, and her favourite colours at the moment are black and white,.

The card we made using my new clarity flower stamps and leaves, with a Card-io butterfly and some infil leaf stamps.  The flower stamps are lovely as they come with masks, so was able to use these and my new Tim Holtz stamping platform for the background.   (Love my stamping platform and love the masks, although I could possible do with another set; as if you want to stamp the same size flower you have to fiddle with the other size masks)

All the stamping was done with black Stazon and then the background layer was painted using a grey memento ink, and the centres had white puffy paint added.

I then stamped and cut out some more flowers, this time keeping them white with black puff paint for the centres.   All the petals and leaves, both on the background and the cut out ones, had transparen paper effects applied to them.

Finally I stamped her name with the Clarity Alphabet, and mounted the card on black card, and then onto the white card blank.

I didn't both with writing Happy Birthday or her age on the front of the card, as I thought if she wanted she could put it in a frame for a piece of wall art for her bedroom.

No comments: