Going Green Blog Background

Monday 24 July 2017

Experiment with a Poinsettia



A bit of an experiment with some new dies.  (Confess I am not too sure I like them yet).   I used white card for the flowers, to which I had applied Cosmic Shimmer Frosty Glitter Kiss, rather than try and apply it after I had die-cut the flowers - good move there, as the petals are quite tiny.  The flowers are really quite glittery, and I love the effect of the Frosty Glitter Kiss.

I had intended doing white on white, but didn't like the effect, so I took some copy paper and applied sky blue and sea green Glitter Kiss to it for the background.

I decided the background piece needed an edge to it, so dug out some peel-offs from the stash, as well as the peel-off sentiment.

The die comes with little tiny centres for the flower, but they looked lost - so I added some silver paper effects to the centre instead  (typical - the flooded into each other).   Undaunted, I then sprinkled some Perga Glitter on the "blobs" using hint of green, to tie in with the background.

Not completely sure I like the finished effect, but it will do; and as my father would have said: "A blind man would be pleased to see it!"

1 comment:

Jan said...

Lovely card xx Jan