Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Christmas Fireplace

I have had fun making this (well after I managed to work out how to put it together as although there were supposed to be instructions, there weren't any - fortunately I managed to watch the programme again and used the snipping tool to capture the relevant bits).

The finished project

Here are the various stages:  (yes I managed to remember to take some photos as it was decorated over a few days!)  I had to paint some of the parts before putting the whole thing together, after applying gesso to all of it.



I used a stencil for the brickwork and sand texture

Close up of hearth

next stage - modelling paste through the stencil
colour added to the "brickwork" and painted wood effect for mantlepiece
and just to prove I don't always get it right - spot the mistake!   (Clue look at the stockings). However, I am including the photo as it shows a different angle to the finished project.  You can see the wood effect on the top shelf, and the different stencil effect on the hearth base

The kit came with the imitation moss and the fir cones (some of which I glittered).   I also raided my cake decorating stash for some dried gypsophilia, which hadn't seen the light of day for many years. (Just as well I never throw anything away!)

There are also two holes in the back of the Fireplace to take two battery operated t-lights so it can be illuminated at night,



 Hope you like it.

No comments: