Going Green Blog Background

Friday 20 October 2017

Anniversary Card




I received a birthday card from a crafting friend earlier in the year with concentric circles on it.  The effect fascinated me, and I had to ask how she had done it, thinking she had used some special dies - but no the effect was just done with circle dies ........ so I attempted to reproduce a version of it for my daughter's anniversary card.   

I don't have a lot of dies, and only a very small selection of circles - I may have to rectify that, as rather like the effect.  I cut these from gold mirri card.

The background paper was created using distress oxides in cracked pistachio, wild honey and pickled raspberry - randomly applied with a dry wet wipe and blended together.   The rose and leaves were also coloured with the same distress oxides.

I created the sentiment in Craft Artist.  I added Nuvo Jewel drops to the card in yellow, green and pink.  (The ones on the circles are actually translucent green.

No comments: