Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 21 October 2017

Christmas Village and Bell Jars - WIP 2


A bit more of the WIP today.   I happened to see this mirror candle plate in John Lewis and it was perfect for the village.  I also bought a cake board, which I intended to paint in a "snow" effect.  As you can see I have also started to paint the houses, using some mini stencils for the brick effect.

Having put the ornaments on the glass plate, I realised I need to paint the underside of the ornaments white!  Still a way to go to finish the painting as I want.


I also have these two bell jars, which were another kit, and you can see I have also started painting these.  (I applied glitter gel to the little brush trees, but will add white texture past as on the wooden ones, but then apply the gel over that.)   The larger one will have a small string of fairy lights added. (The lights came with the kit and have a tealight candle base,

You can see the brickwork effect on the houses, and I have since outlined the windows with white pen.

To be continued ...........

No comments: