Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 22 October 2017

Christmas Village and Bell Jars - WIP 3

completed items


As you can see I have now finished the bell jars and the village scene.

I coated the cake board with white gesso and then applied clear gesso with a palette knife.  Wow the effect was fantastic, just like glistening snow.   I had thought I might have to apply some glitter or  fake snow, but it didn't need it!

I also completed the bell jars.  These had white gesso and white paint applied to the bases and then washi tape applied around the bases.   The inserts had snow effect applied with eXpandIt mixed with white gesso and when dry some glue and artificial snow was applied.

Hope you can see the snow effect on this
And there follows various view, with and without domes. lights.
















No comments: