Going Green Blog Background

Monday 9 October 2017

Dreamccatcher





I don't know about you, but I love dreamcatchers.   It took me a while to decide on the composition I wanted, but I think this simple style will be an ok for a male relative that often visits the States.

The dreamcatcher is a Sheena Douglass die, which I cut out of black card, and then applied Pebeo gilding wax to in various shades of gold.   I wasn't quite happy with the result, so I painted the top part of the feathers with clear gesso and painted them white with a little white luscious added to it.  I then took a fine micron pen and added some fine detail to the feathers.

The background was created using Distress Oxides and the trees were die-cut from copy paper and then stamped.  After I had stuck them to the background, I lightly swiped some of the twisted citron colour over the top.  Finally I added the sentiment.  All the dies and stamps used are by Sheena Douglass.

No comments: