Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 8 October 2017

Experimenting


I had some new scrumptious goodies to play with this week.  Gold Gesso, Silver Gesso, Clear Gesso, Light and Fluffy Modelling Paste and Shimmery Goodness!   Yes they do sound exciting don't they.  I love them all, and am sharing an experiment with some of them,

A complete experiment as I had no idea what I wanted to do.  To do a fair trial I used plain MDF boards as a canvas (see last picture).

I painted the larger of the two boards with the gold gesso.  It covered really well and dried so quickly.  I thought this was probably due to the fact that it was on MDF - so I gave it another coat - this dried just as quickly - amazing.  I also did a quick test on some card and yes it dried very quickly on that too,

I also have some new distress oxides, so I decided to see how they reacted on the gold gesso.   I used a tree stencil from my Clarity Stamp Club and randomly stamped it across the board, moving it as necessary to cover the area, using twisted citron, peacock feathers and salty ocean.  I moved the stencil to give some shadows.

(with apologies for the shadow of me taking photo)
I applied the silver gesso to the smaller board, and using part of another Clarity Stencil - The rose, I applied the Light and Fluffy Modeling paste through it with a palette knife.    This too dried very quickly,   I then applied Distress Oxides again - using picked raspberry and seedless preserves, to give it some shading.

The small board was then mounted on the larger board.

Below is a photo of what I started with:

MDF board


No comments: