Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 23 November 2017

Acrylic Pouring


I had some fun over the weekend.  I decided to do some acrylic pouring.   Originally I was just going to paint the ceramic toadstools in the normal way, but then I thought - what the heck - go for it - do a pour over them!

I kept to just a few colours and starting at the top of the toadstool. and kept pouring the paint into the centre of the previous colour, and encouraging it to flow down the sides.  It didn't cover quite as well as I wanted - so I took one of the lollipop sticks I had stirred the paint with and drew it through the paint in a couple of places to help it flow better.


I was left with some left over paint - so I did a "dirty flip pour" onto a small canvas, and then sprinkled a few unicorn sparkles in it,   For those that don't know what a dirty pour is - it is when you keep putting the colours in a cup, alternating colours, and then put the canvas on top of the cup, flip the canvas and then lift the cup, and just let the paint flow.

When the toadstools (or should I say magic mushrooms as somebody called them) and the canvas were dry, I applied a coat of Golden clear self levelling gel - wow did that make the colours "pop".

No comments: