Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 14 December 2017

Christmas Cakes - Scandinavian Gnomes


a selection of gnomes

This year's theme for the family Christmas cakes was gnomes.   Having seen a cake in one of my cake decoration magazines, I decided that this was going to be the theme.   Well I only do simple these days!  (My daughter happened to call in a few weeks ago and saw the magazine opened at the page and said - "oo I would like those on my cake"  my reply:  "Just as well cos that is what you are getting" - lol!

For once I did the toppers for the cake, before icing the cakes, so the picture above is the selection of gnomes I made.


and now for the cakes:  

7" sugar-pasted cake with little gingerbread men around the sides
(little men are actually lighter than in photo and more the colour of gingerbread)

5" gluten free cake with Christmas roses and holly

sugar-pasted cake with a little cheat as I was getting tired -
plastic holly and robin and sugar paste christmas roses  (my cake so
allowed to cheat!)


Royal iced cake for my son-in-law.  Kept it simple, although
he did request a pond which I didn't add!





No comments: