Going Green Blog Background

Friday 5 January 2018

Paper Cutting


I had another play with my paper cutting yesterday.   The flowers in the centre were speaking to me and telling me that they needed to be 3D !    Using a ball tool I cupped them slightly and also ran the ball tall along the underside of the leaves.   I then painted them with a clear overlay sparkle pen (the grey in the photo is where the sparkle has caught the flash).  

I decided that instead of mounting the cutout on black card, I would create a distressed background with Distress Oxides and glycerine, which I then mounted onto black card.

Finally I added a few gems to the centres of the flowers.    I wasn't sure whether the experiment worked, but friends who have seen it seem to think it worked ok, so who am I to argue.

No comments: