Going Green Blog Background

Monday 19 March 2018

Angel Chandelier


I confess this kit was a bit of a nightmare to make, mainly due to the fact that it was a tad fiddly, but secondly there weren't enough jump rings to make it.   The kit instructions said 18 jump rings, but it was obvious when you underlined every mention of jump rings in the instructions that you needed 24.  Ok there were a few extra, but I had to resort to making some rings from ends cut from head pins to make up the 24 as I had none in my stash of the right bronze colour .   (I wasn't amused!)

I was even less amused when I came to connecting the chain.  The options mentioned were to open a link of the chain ..... erm yes fine but they were too small to attach to the elements shown above the wooden ring.   I couldn't face making any more jump rings, so resorted to using some gold jump rings from my stash that were same colour as the chain.    So instead of 18 jump rings as detailed in the instructions I actually needed 30!
 
I shall complain of course - particularly as I have another kit to make up ...... that might not be for a while.  I will have to get in the right frame of mind to tackle it as it is a tad tricky, and took me a long time to put together, albeit the instructions were relatively simple and easy to follow; but I also need to hope that extra jump rings get sent or I can purchase some in the a bronze colour to match.

No comments: