Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Paint Pouring Skin Jewellery


I came across some of my acrylic shapes the other day, and decided to have a play with one of the leftover skins from my paint pouring play a while ago.

To clarify "skins" are created when the a paint pouring canvas is tilted and the paint runs off the edge.  I do my pouring over a foil tray at the moment as I haven't attempted a large canvas.  The run-off paint ends up in the tray and when dry can be peeled off the foil.  (You could put something like waxed paper or similar to catch the drips too.)  Some people just use ordinary copy paper or similar.  The principle is not to waste the excess paint!

If the skins are large enough you can die cut them (particularly if they are on paper) and use them in cabochon settings and then add resin.

In this instance I used slap-it-on to adhere the skin (the red shades in the photo) to the back of an acrylic disc, and then painted the back with teal acrylic paint and a gel medium to seal it.  I just need to create a hole in it now to take some cord; or I could add it to a card or mixed media canvas ... even a paint poured canvas as an embellishment.
Another view ... there are some nice glitter effects in real life.

No comments: