Going Green Blog Background

Friday 20 April 2018

More sunshine - more Paint Fusion


Yes the sun was out again yesterday, and so was the glitter paint.   The wall pot was in fact terracotta - yes this paint goes on anything!  It's a shame the photo doesn't do it justice but all those little flecks in the paint actually shine, red, green and gold in the sunshine!

The pot itself has an imprinted design on it, which I had painted before, and I had intended just to paint black around the top and bottom, but it proved a tad difficult, so the whole pot was painted wih the black glitter and then the details picked out in acrylic paint.


Next to b tackled was my clog - this too had been painted before, but was looking a tad tired, so the black with gold was applied to this.  (I am in love with this colour and have ordered more as I only had a small pot.    The leaves are indented into the moulding, so they were picked out first, and then some michaelmas daisies painted amongst the leaves.    A rose was painted on the front.


I felt it needed something on the toe - so painted some grape hyacinths and some rosebuds, and added a few dots.   I also added a few dots around the top of the plant holder bit.  (see first picture of clog)


Finally - a quick glimpse of one of the planted hanging basket, and wall planters in situ.


No comments: