Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 19 April 2018

Sunshine and a bit of Paint Fusion!

How lovely to be able to sit in the sun and paint.   Having been good and done a lot of digging and weeding yesterday,  I rested the ol' bones today and sat and revamped my hanging baskets and a planter ready for the new plants I bought at the weekend.

side view


 The last time I painted these was 6 years ago - and as they had been out all winter, they were looking a bit "tired" and some of the paint had faded.   To start with I gave them a coat of black crystal glitter paint, which is a black paint with silver glitter in it  (I say silver, there are also flecks of blue in it; and they also make one which has gold, red and green glitter in it. which I have also used).

The paint is great suitable for outdoors, has a rust preventer in it, and can be used on almost any surface - plastic, brick, glass, ceramics, teracotta etc.  (Yes there may be a lot of make-overs to the pots in my garden.

I then used the new Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion paints, which have been are actually made by Pebeo, for the decoration,   Although the black paint is suitable for outside, I did give the "Fusion" painting a quick spray with Spray and Shine varnish, to help protect it - well it seemed to work pretty well for the past six years - lol!

The crystal glitter was also applied to the chains to prevent them rusting, and I quick coat was also applied to the brackets as they were looking a tad rusty.




Just for reference here are a couple of photos of what one of the baskets and a bracket looked like before I started you can see the fading of the paint over the past six years.  (ok this one was a slightly different colour last time, as I did them all different last time and this time I painted them all the same).

How rusty? looks a tad different now

No comments: