Going Green Blog Background

Friday 25 May 2018

Freesias

                   
A pal's mother is 90 at the end of the month, and she asked if I could create something for her, as when they called in with some rhubarb for me the other week her Mum was admiring my fairy houses and other creations.  My mind went completely blank "what could I do for a 90 year old who suffers with dementia?"

I discovered that she loves the colour yellow and roses and freesias.   I knew I had a freesia stamp somewhere in my stash, but couldn't find it - so looking online I found this Clarity one, and knew it would be perfect.

I painted the mdf plaque from my stash with white gesso, then applied crackle paste and overpainted with a pale green/blue.   When the paint was dry I stamped the two images with black archival ink and added clear embossing powder.   The freesias were then painted with Pebeo acrylics.

I then applied two shades of blue distress oxides mixed with glycerine around the edges and in odd places.  A coat of spray varnish was added to seal the images.  The back was painted using the same colours as the front with highlights of distress oxides.  Finally pebeo gilding wax applied to the edge, and the string hanger added.

No comments: