Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 13 June 2018

Glass Fusing Workshop

Coastrr layout ready to go in the Kiln

I had a trip out on Sunday to The Garden Show at Stansted Park nr Rowlands Castle with my daughter.  She had managed to book us on to a Glass Fusing Course.   It was a lovely day out.   We didn't know what to expect, as we knew nothing about the venue.  Wow it was a lovely setting, and we could have spent a fortune.  Loads of plants for sale, garden items, bit and small, items for upcycling, Arts and Crafts tents, a little forge, a jazz band, falconry displays, Food stalls.  You could also pay to go in the house, or venture to the little chapel to see the floral displays, or visit the miniature railway, the maze, the timber mill or the nursery.   Needless to say we didn't get to see everything.

The image above shows my final design, which will be taken to the kiln and fused, so I will show the end result in a couple of weeks when I get it back.  It is supposed to depict a landscape with water, rocks, fields with poppies, trees, mountains and a sunset sort or sky with clouds.   Can;t wait to see the finished result..

Me with Work in Progress (I changed the final design from this)


My daughter's creation based on Van Gogh's "Starry Night"

No comments: