Going Green Blog Background

Monday 17 September 2018

A Little Bird Told Me ..


Today it is a simple little card for a man (don't we hate those)  I was struggling to come up with an idea, and then the postie delivered some mail with this lovely little die from Tonic in it (which was free with an order!)  Result - just what I needed.

I cut it out of black card, also using one of my Clarity picot dies around it      I could have chosen not to use the picot die and just cut the image out of the centre of the card.   (It also comes with it's own surround to make a hanging bauble tag sort of thing.) 

I also cut a circle from Clarity Designer paper (Rainbow River) to back the image.

As my eyes are still not that good following my cataract op  (distance is fine, but still have problems with close work until I get me new glasses) I used a square die to align the pencil lines I wanted to draw in the corner (I know even so they are a bit wobbly as I couldn't actually see the corner of the die - duh! .... but you get the gist of the idea to make life simpler.

Keeping the front of the card simple, I just made an insert in Craft Artist to continue the sentiment, and created some matching corners, and added a picture of aircraft in greyscale to complete, as the recipient loves aircraft.


No comments: