Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Grandchildren's Cakes



My three youngest grandchildren decided they wanted to make cakes with their Dad at the weekend, and I would share their efforts.     They went out with him and bought all the ingredients, and "toppings".  On Sunday they all descended on me so that I could supervise the icing   (or was it more that they could mess my kitchen up and I could do all the washing up  - lol!)  I wasn't really needed apart from initially showing them how to use a spatula to apply the icing.   The rest was up; to them.
Here are some close ups of the cakes.   

Lemon sponge with poppy seeds
(I think this would make a good Christmas cake idea)

You can't see the buttercream underneath, but she did a pattern on it with a fork
and a knife drawn through it to created a "feathered" look

The six yer old needed a little hand operating the nozzle on the chocolate icing as
it was a little hard for her - so I pressed and she guided - at least she managed some leaves. 

Even my son made a cake for a friend's birthday.




Now do you think I can get them to make and ice the family Christmas Cakes this year ?

No comments: