Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 12 December 2018

Royal Iced Christmas Cake

top view
I have to confess I was really pleased with how this turned out.  I love the finish of royal icing.  It maybe a bit of a faff, as it takes a few days to get a perfect finish.  I iced the top in the morning,and then the side in the evening.  This was repeated twice more on two more days, finishing off with a watered-down coat on the top.  (The side didn't need it so skipped doing the thin coat on that!)

The topper was made from sugarpaste, using a couple of moulds fromKaty Sue for the bark and the owl, which I then painted with edible dusts.   The roses and holly etc were made from cutters in my craft stash, and veined with the new Flower Pro rose and leaf veiners.   These were made from flower paste.



side view

No comments: