Going Green Blog Background

Monday 18 March 2019

MDF Typewriter


Firstly to recap ... it started off like this - am MDF kit from Bizarreology, which I built:


Then I sprayed it wit black gesso:




The typewriter keys weren't added until later.  I out-lined the letters with black Posca pen, and then painted the surrounds with various shade of cream,and browns.   I then applied triple thick embossing powder to them to give them enamelled look.  When dry gilding wax was applied around the edge.
(I did make one boo boo - I embossed them whilst still in their board -erm - which of course had embossing powder on as well and they got stuck!   I thought it would be easier than chasing the individual ones around the desk!  Fortunately applying a little solved the problem and I was able to push them out.  Some of the "enamelling" did crack slightly - but that added to the "aged" look)



So here it is the finished item.   Gilding wax was applied over various parts, some red acrylic paint applied to the "ribbon", and various brown acrylics to the roller.   I also paint the detail on the sides and front with gold Posca pen.   The ke mechansim in the middle was done with gilding wax and black Posca pen, and rubbed in with my finger.



Two more views:





No comments: