Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 23 May 2019

Playing with Alcohol Ink

 I had a little play with alcohol ink the other day on Yupo paper.   Not a lot I can say about them, as I just dropped on the colours and they did their own thing.


I tried to do a geode first of all, and I am pleased with how it turned out.   Two photos, one taken indoors and the one below in sunlight.  


I then tried an experiment using a stamp on the ink, which I had seen demonstrated on tv by Maria Moorhouse.  She used an alcohol ink removal pad .... well I have ordered oe, but it hasn't arrived, so I tried with alcohol clean up solution on some Phat foam.   It didn't work that well - maybe I had too much depth to my ink   (Maria originally did this technique on lastic).  I then decided to overstamp where I had attempted to take the ink out by using white Posca pen on the stamp - yay it worked as you can see.



Two photos again taken indoors and also out in the sun.   The colours of the stamped image are more realistic to those on the actual image, but the photo below shows up the sparkles more, which can also be seen on the actual piece.


I have die-cut this image and used it on a birthday card, which I will share tomorrow.

No comments: