Going Green Blog Background

Friday 3 May 2019

Playing with Water colouring on Black Card


A few weeks ago I treated myself to some black watercolour card, and the Royal Talens van Gogh Metallic and Interference paints.  At long list they arrived, so I had to have a play

Nothing fantastic - just playing to see what the paints did and trying a bit of double loaded brush techniques for some of it.

The photos really don't do the colours justice - so difficult to catch the fantastic shine of the paints.  I even tried taking a photo in daylight in the sun - but it still didn't show them up, so you will have to take my word for.


If anybody has had the Spectrum Noir metallic alcohol pens, you will know what the effect is - and these paints give the same effect, but in watercolour.

I am going to try stamping with Versamark and white embossing powder on the black card and then colouring with the paints.  I think the effect will be fantastic.


No comments: