Going Green Blog Background

Monday 20 May 2019

Violin



I treated myself to one of the Bizarre-ology violin kits.   Here it is made up.  and here it is painted ....


The paining didn't quite go to plan - I originally wanted a crackle finish on it - but my crackle didn't really want to work - actually it was so fine yo could hardly see it.    However undaunted I kept going!


I started by applying white gesso, the Pebeo Dyna blue/green paint.   I then applied buff titanium mixed with  crackle paint.  It was then dry brushed with gold and silver paint and some was applied by scraping across the surface with a palette knife.

I then applied some rice paper images that had a bit of music on them, and added a little more titanium buff and gold to blend them in around the edges.

I add flat back pearls to the keys, and a smidgen of gold paint to the strings (which were supplied with the kit and had a little sparkle in them).  I also applied a little buff titanium and gold pain to the ribbon on the bow.

It needs a coat of varnish and I am waiting for my matt varnish to arrive, though I may change my mind and paint it with a glass varnish if I don't like the matt finish.

No comments: