Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday, 22 November 2017

Christmas Cards - Part 6

Card-io stamps in Clarity snowglobe

This selection uses mainly Clarity Stamps and Masks.   Although in some cases I have incorporated some of the Card-io stamps/  Where there are trees on the background these are a Sheena Douglass stamp.   Definitely a mixing up of "stash" with this collection!

card-io stamps again

Clarity Stamps in snowglobe

Clarity candle and stamps

Clarity (incorporating some of the original corner stamps)


Clarity using their round mask and stamps

Clarity using their square mask

Clarity stamps

Tuesday, 21 November 2017

Christmas cards - Part 5

coloured with alcohol pens and a clear glitter pen

Today's theme is Owls and Gnomes.  Have made a few of these.    The Owl is a Woodware stamp and the gnomes were a freebie on a craft magazine (I forget which one - think it was Craft Stamper)   There are a couple of gnomes, and then various "accessories" to build a picture - i.e gloves, presents etc, and there is also a matching die for the outline of the gnome.

all coloured with alcohol pens

Gnome stamps mixed with card-io

I kept most of the cards simple, but the following one was an experiment to use a piece of card where I had created a background with a gelli-plate.  I could have used the die and added him on top, but wanted to stamp straight onto the back ground for a different effect.

Monday, 20 November 2017

Christmas Cards - Part 4

Baubles and Bells.   More of Card-io stamps.  Simple stamping with some glossy accents added.

and one card that didn't fall into another category - a bit of gelli plate printing and Card-io stamps.

Sunday, 19 November 2017

Christmas Cards - Part 3

The theme for today's selection is "circles".   Once again using Card-io stamps.  Basically techniques as before.

Saturday, 18 November 2017

Christmas Cards - Part 2

Today's cards are a selection of snow scenes made using Card-Io stamps.  I love these little stamps.  The sentiments are from various stamps in my stash.

Basically the background is done with some masking and some colour on a dry wet wipe, to "set the scene"  Then the stamps added.  I love the technique of stamping on acetate for the reflections, and then pressing this onto the card,   

Finally a bit of Nuvo glue and some glitter.

Friday, 17 November 2017

Christmas Cards Part 1

With black trees (and the blob at the bottom is my shadow!)

I shall be posting a few of the cards I have made over the next few days.   I am trying to group them into variations on a theme.   I have made quite a few of these.  Some I have stamped the trees in black and some in green.  I have also added a little sparkle to the trees and the ground below them

I started off my die-cutting the word from red cardstock, but realised this was going to be a bit of a tedious job as I could only cut one sheet at a time.  (boring! - lol!)   So I decided to cut a few out at a time using copy paper, which I then sat at coloured with sparkle pens.   Yes perhaps this took a while too, but at least I was "doing" something, rather than waiting for a machine to do it!

I used one of Sheena Douglass's dies and her tree line stamp,

with green trees

A variation - using the Jingle die painted with gold sparkle.

Variation: white card Christmas on pearlised red card stock

Thursday, 16 November 2017

Simple Birthday Card

Just a simple little card for a cousin today.  Created in Craft Artist.   I used a freebie background and reduced its size to create a panel.   Added a sentiment, and then added a square outline to the edge, which was then converted to a sparkle finish using the brush facility.

I used the same panel on the insert, reduced in size.

Pleased with the result.   Sometimes less is more.

Saturday, 11 November 2017

Introducing Fudwick and T Winkle

Yes those really are their names!

I didn't chose the names - that was what they were called - obviously the names allocated to the models when they were first poured.  (I believe that these are normally available for painting in a pottery shop and would then be fired).

Had great fun painting these little gnomes.  They were painted with the DecoArt Americana paints that came with the kits I bought, including the seasonal sparkle paints.  As they weren't to be fired I varnish then with an acrylic varnish suitable for outdoors.

I wanted to steer away from the usual blue and red hatted gnomes.


T Winkle
Cute aren't they.  I have some toadstools to paint too, but not sure whether to paint them or do an acrylic pour on them - decisions, decisions!   In the meantime I must get on with making more Christmas cards (which is why I have been AWOL from the blog for a while!)

Tuesday, 31 October 2017

Dare to Dream

I do love the dreamcatcher die and stamp, so I used it for this November birthday card.  The dreamcatcher and trees were die cut from copy paper and stamped.   I then coloured them with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens as an experiment.

The trees were coloured with black and green sparkle pens and cut up, and layered to fit the card.

I used one of my Clarity masks and created the setting sun and sky behind the masks (using Distress Oxides applied with a dry wet wipe and my finger).   I also used the skein of geese stamp from Card-io.  That sun seemed to be crying out for birds to be flying across it.

The sentiment was stamped using the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (love the platform - makes it so easy to position and stamp) and finally added some glitter, and a quick outline along two sides of the card.

Monday, 30 October 2017

More Christmas Bell Jars

Following on from an earlier posting, I made these two jars for my son.   Very similar to the earlier ones, but a gold base with ribbon, and some Nuvo drops on the trees.

I was also very pleased that my daughter discovered some tealights that fitted the jars in Robert Dyas, so now little jar has a light in it, as so does the earlier one I made.