Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 22 February 2009

Playing with new purchases



I have been trying to find time to play with some of my purchases from the Make-It Show at Farnborough on Friday. Why is it when you have a load of new goodies - you just don't know where to start?

I had a card to do for my niece for this week, and really couldn't decide which of my goodies to use. I eventually opted for something simple using the Lili of the Valley funky images. I also bought some stamps of the images - so I can do different colours, but didn't get around to using them today.

The cardstock is from a pack I bought from the Craftwork Cards stand (Dawn and I went to chat to her old demo-ing buddy Julie Hickey who works for them - and of course had to buy something!). We bought a pack of 50 square scalloped cards each white and cream and then split them.

The images were mounted on a square of matching Lili of the Valley backing paper. The corners of this were punches with a new x-cut corner punch also purchased at the show. This was then mounted on to some of my precious Lakeland blue pearly paper.

Card was finished off with the numbers from a lovely peel-off sheet of numbers also bought at the show - it was fab all different sizes, and some "button" embellishments also bought from Craftwork cards - Apparently they are called "card candy" - and an apt description. (check out their site - scrummy colours!) Do you remember biting a smartie in half and licking out the chocolate and getting left with a shell - well these are just like that, but loads of lovely colours! I adhered mine with mini foam pads, but you could use silicone.

Card finally finished off with some blue organza ribbon, bought from my sugarcraft shop and the card edged with a Marvy felt pen.

Hope you like it.

(note to self: must give the scanner a good clean - can see some marks in scan that are not on the card!

4 comments:

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is funky & cute - love it Mags!

Beryl K said...

Lovely card Mags, sounds like you had a great time
Beryl x

PixieHouse Creations said...

Wow funky or what! Im sure your niece will love it Mags
love the colours
Wendy xx

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Mags, I love your card!!! really cute.
Mags, can you pop over to my blog,I have a little something for you.
Luv Maureen x