Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 24 May 2009

3-year olds rule this week!

We are attending a joint Birthday Party today for three 3-year olds. My granddaughter Bea and her two little friends who have birthdays this week - in fact it is actually her best friend Alex's birthday today.

I have made a cake for Bea - I hope she likes it. I asked her what she wanted on her cake and at first she said Peter Rabbit, then it was Peppa Pig and last week at her dad's birthday party she said a Fairy! I showed her the Messy Fairy Rabbit image on Wednesday and asked if she would like it on her cake ,and she said she "ooo a Fairy Rabbit - I like that Nanny" as she left I said so Fairy Rabbit on your cake then - "No was the reply "Mickey Mouse" Don't you wish you had never asked! Soooooooooooooooo - she has got the lot!



I have also made Birthday cards for her and her pals, plus a new baby card for her little friend Alex's baby brother. Matthew will probably be Connie's best friend - as they should have been born within a couple of weeks of each other - However, Connie was early and Matthew was late!

The cards are fairly simple. I had bought the decoupage images last year at Farnborough Show and finally got around to using them. I am glad they were die-cut images as there were some awfully fiddly bits, which would have been a nightmare to cut out with scissors! I also got to play with a couple of new purchases - my Martha Stewart punch and my mega nestabilities, and to try out an idea of threaded ribbon I saw in a craft magazine.



Martha Steward punch and flora doodles for Bea (she fell in love with the punch this week), and flora doodles are a must on cards for her!


Used a japanese punch on this card and then did the ribbon weaving. Letters cut with x-cut letter set.



Cuttlebug background, chalked and cut with a mega nestabilitie for Alex, and one of my favourite images from Joanna Sheen's Baby Love cd for his new little brother.

1 comment:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi Mags - Your cake and all of these cards are really super. I wish I has some of your talent. I have left you something on my blog. Cathy xxxx