Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 6 June 2009

Crafting with Granddaughter


I have had eldest granddaughter staying for two days this week - Thursday off because of polling and then Friday was an inset day.

We spent most of our time crafting, although there was a visit to the hairdressers on friday for the two of us, and the playing of a few board games. DIL visited on Thursday too with the other granddaughters - so Bea of course had to do a bit of crafting with her cousin Ellie. (I bought Bea a cuttlekids machine for her birthday, and although her mum had to help her a bit, she did the turning of the handle, and stuck all the foam images onto her Birthday Thankyou cards herself. I also bought a rather nice Forever Friends starter stamping kit - think I might have to borrow that at some point!

I had been making note of all the colouring techniques on the Forum, so we decided that was what we were going to practise. Ellie is getting quite good with using a koi brush and sakura or felt pens (well I did buy her Lyra Aqua colours for her birthday so think she has been getting some practise in!)

Anyway enough of my rambling - here are Ellie's cards. First two just playing about and for no particular person. Next two are a card for her little pal's birthday today and a topper for a Christmas card. Ok so Christmas Roses aren't really that colour - but her colouring in real life is gorgeous - sparkly sakura done with a koi brush.






and I suppose I had better show my efforts - perhaps not as good as Ellie's!



Think I need more practise - but am gradually getting the hang of shading - shame my experiment on the ivy didn't come out as I wanted it - although it does look better than in the photo, as the sakura highlights are more subtle.

1 comment:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both Ellie's and Nan's cards are fab. Well done both of you. Cathy xxxx