Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 16 July 2009

Trishutter Card

The "In" card shape at the moment on the JS Forum is the trishutter card. there are many variations, and I noticed that there was another variation in my new Making Cards magazine which arrived today.
My version is done with A5 blue stardream, and starts with a normal tri-fold.

As it is my husband's birthday next week, I thought I would experiment with this shape for his card, on the pretext that if it went wrong it wouldn't matter too much!


The first and third sections have stamped images on them, using JS Techy Lofty and one of the images I was playing with which I showed on an earlier post. Both coloured with my new promarker pens., and mounted on some blue backing paper from my stash (which originally came from Lakeland). As I am getting low on this stash - it was quite hard to part with it!


The middle section was created in Publisher, and is basically a birthday wishes message mounted on some blue backing paper with white seagulls from Joanna's Cottage Garden cd, with some corner peel-off embelishments.

The bottom and top of the card was decorated with some more card stash - had it yonks - it was 12" square card. Possibly came free with a Docrafts Goody Bag. I edged this will the new peel-off on a roll from Joanna Sheen - brilliant for those times, when a normal peel-off isn't long enough. It was very shiny too a bit like mirri card.


The three central sections were also edged with silver peel-offs, and finally some navy card candy buttons were placed along the striped card.

I tried to keep it fairly simple (well as you know I only do simple) as it was for a man, and we all know how difficult men's cards are.

Having, I think, been successful with my first attempt - will now attempt some variations. Now as it is my birthday at end of month - what would I like OH's card to me to look like, and how much shall I charge him! grin!









3 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Mags you are so clever this is one very superb card and so glad I have seen it in all its beauty your husband will love it.....I know I would lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Beryl K said...

Wow Mags, this is fabulous. I've not seen this fold. I love it
Beryl x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is perfect Mags - still have to try this fold for myself, not very brave when it comes to measuring and cutting!