Going Green Blog Background

Monday 24 August 2009

Poppy Card



I made this card for an old school friend, using my new poppy stamp from the JS favourite flower stamps. Coloured with promarkers (of course). I scored around the white card and also edged it with gold. It was then mounted on red "corrugated" card.



For the card itself I used one of my rollergraph stamps, as I came across the box containing them, whilst tidying up and decided to give one an airing for this card! (Funnily enough Jak posted a card on her blog using a rollergraph image on the same day I found mine - so must have been some psychic crafting energy in the air!) Used a plain red ink pad for this.



I had intended to just stamp one "Happy Birthday" at the bottom right of the card, and although I lined up the writing on the stamp - it went askew! I discovered that the actual stamp doesn't line up with the wording on the top of the stamp. (Confess I had forgotten this since it is a long time since I used it last - think it will be taken off its wooden block for future use, as it is quite nice script - either that or will have to remember to stamp it on a blank piece of card, and cut it to fit!) However, the problem was overcome by randomly stamping the greeting over the card, so a "happy accident" twist to the finished card. Fortunately I hadn't stuck the topper on! (I bet the recipient of this card is laughing at my confession, as I know she reads my blog!)



The back of the card was finished with another line of the rollergraph image, and I also used it again on the envelope.






1 comment:

Beryl K said...

Lovely card Mags, those new flower stamps of Joanna's look very tempting. I've never used my rollagraph
Beryl x