Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 31 October 2009

Poinsettias and Christmas Roses


This was an experiment, having played with my new stamps from Joanna Sheen. I used part of the poinsettia image and using artistic licence, my sakura clear, green and blue stardust pens and a koi brush. Cut out the image, and attached it to card with clear pads. The matching ribbon was coloured with a promarker pen, added some little stick-on sparkles to the ribbon and centre of the flowers.

I confess I love this unusual look, and am sure I shall be doing it again!




The Christmas roses were coloured with sakura stardust for the flowers and a koi brush, and the leaves were done with promarkers, and highlighted with clear stardust. (Don't know why the leaves look such a weird colour as used same pens as the poinsettia leaves below!)




The Poinsettias were both coloured with promarkers, and then the veins highlighted with clear sakura. The photos don't do them justice, as they really sparkle!

I should add that all the images were on 160 gsm paper - even the ones I "water-coloured"!

2 comments:

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh WOW these are gorgeous Mags....but I love the top one and the colour. TFS.

Love Sheila xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

These are fantastic Mags. Love your experiement it has worked well. Cathy xxxx