Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 3 February 2011

Stargazer Lily


I chose this image and backing paper from JS Royal Horticultural Society CD to match the stargazer lillies that are going on her cake.  I also attempted to create a paper lily embelishment - not brilliant for a first attempt, but at least you can tell what it is supposed to be.  Petals cut with an ek punch, painted with water-colour pencils and cosmic shimmer, and then a little glitter added.   The stamens were from my cake decorating stash!  (Even when I made sugar lillies on cakes - I hated painting stargazer ones!

I will also confess that the green ribbon was from my cake decorating stash - and actually had Happy Christmas all along it - so I just turned it over and stuck it down - nobody will ever know - and you won't tell will you?

The image and backing paper have also had a little glitter added to "lift" them.

For the insert I used the JS Enchanted Dreams cd and used insert from Pisces in the Zodiac section, but also added the Lily image to it as well.

4 comments:

Seafield Jo said...

A lovely card Mags, she'll be delighted with it. I think your lily looks great. Jo x

Jan said...

Beautiful card xx Jan

pippal said...

Great card & gorge flower, and I probably wrong, but in case it matter, think the picture is fuschias, isn't it? Likely I'm wring, so sorry. x Pip x

Mags said...

Pippa - it is definiely stargazer lily - I actually have some in the garden! Fuschias have little ballerina skirts under the sepals - have made a few of those too in icing over the years, as they are also one of my favourite flowers (and again have loads in my garden).

Mags