Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Flowers in my life!

My youngest granddaughters came to visit today for about an hour - and needless to say they wanted to do craft - well the eldest nearly five year old did - and of course the nearly two year old has to do everything her sister does!  I showed them some of the flowers I had been making - and they wanted to make some .....

so here is what they produced:


They did need a little help with the balling of the flowers though eldest one gradually realised that you needed a lot of pressure to do it, but they loved the flowersoft - and I now have a lot more bowls of colours decanted, as they wanted to see how many colours I had!  plus one bowl which I fear has two colours in it courtesy of the nearly 2 year old!    We had to take a picture of the finished flowers, which ended up on some of my best pearlescent cardstock (as I it was first piece I found!) and littlest one designed where the flowers had to be glued!


As you will see we also had to take a photo of the two of them together holding their finished card.  I must add here that the chair they are sitting in is a family heirloom, and was my mother's when she was a child (albeit it has been recovered many years ago - but the original material is still there underneath).  My mum would have been 100 years old next month and the chair was second hand when she owned it - so heaven knows how old it is,

and here are some more flowers in my life today - I received the plant pot and also the bulbs for my Ruby Wedding (separate pressies) and they looked so beautiful today I had to take some photos!



 

3 comments:

Beryl K said...

Your grand-daughters are gorgeous Mags, their flowers are beautiful as are your real ones
Beryl x

Hazel said...

Your GDs look as pleased as punch with their makes. They've made more than me! Hazel x

Sheila - Ginger said...

Beautiful flowers Mags and your grandaughter are such clever girlies. Well done you two.

Love Sheila xx