Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 6 August 2011

experimental necklace and some special cupcakes


Had a little play today with my necklace maker and although I used two different colours, I alternated them.  Makes you concentrate on what you are doing! - remembering to count three and then change ribbon.  If I had done this weaving both colours together would probably only have got a bracelet from it for the quantity of ribbon I had - however this has made a sort of choker necklace.   Just need to add some findings and find a bead with a big enough hole to fit it.



and these are some muffins/large cupcakes that I knocked up this afternoon for a special picnic tomorrow.  My son is supposed to be in charge of the hamper, but thought I would make some cakes!  (Will confess that our sugarcraft club demo last night was cupcakes, and I learned a few tricks as cupcakes are not my forte really.)  As you can see the theme is slightly musical - the reason being that we are off to an open air Jazz concert.  Hope the weather is fine!

Mags

2 comments:

Claire said...

ooh Mags, this is gorgeous! I see you're on a roll with some beautiful jewellery. The cupcakes look delish too. Enjoy the concert
Claire xx

Beryl K said...

You are certainly getting into your jewelry making Mags, this is another stunning piece. Quite fancy one of those cakes too.
I've lived here 34 years and we don't get much beach weather very often lol. This year has been and is awful.
Beryl x