Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 15 September 2011

Coasters

The Four Sets

The weather today has been glorious again, and having done all the gardening yesterday, I spent a lot of the day sitting outside painting these coasters.  (I had already done the background painting a few weeks ago).  I have to do it outside as I seem to make so much mess in the process!  You would think by now that with the practise I have been getting, I would have got a lot better at Paint Fusion, but I felt today that I was going backwards!  

They all need to be varnished and the edges painted, which I shall probably do with gold/silver pens, although I do have some acrylic pens that may do the trick if I the colours I have compliment the colours of the coasters.

Here are a few close-ups of the four sets:


Pink and White Rose

White Daisy

Pink and White Clematis


Mixed Selection:  Daisy, Fir Cone, Christmas Rose
Clematis, Poppy and Yellow & White Rose

I am now keeping my fingers crossed that it will be fine again tomorrow - I think they have forecast a little rain very early and then sun again.  I can then give them all a couple of coats of varnish, and I have some candles and other bits I want to paint.

Thanks for popping by.

Mags

ps for Rita - the coasters are wooden ones with cork backing from Crafty Crocodiles.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Stunning coasters Mags. What are they made with?. Hugs Rita xxx

Beryl K said...

WOW Mags, these are beautiful. You have definitely improved
Beryl x