Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 29 September 2011

Reading, Gardening & Tap Dancing card

This is the second request for a themed card from the same person as the sewing one.  This time it was for readig, gardening and tap shoes.


Book Card


I decided to try and make the card like a book for the reading part.   Once again pearlised card base, and I cut a curve at the base of the fold very slightly to create the shape of the spine.  It's not perfect but it's different!

I used a couple of images from MCS for the roses backing paper and the violets, and picked out the colour of the violets for the main sentiment, and added some tap shoes.   Using my hougie board I scored some lines for the spine, and the "pages", and also scored some curved lines, by embossing around a ribbon reel.  I added gold peel offs to outline the spine and book, and then a Happy Birthday, letter and number peel offs, to sort of create a title, spell the person's name as a sort of author, and then added her birth year at the base of the spine.  I used a gold promarker to go over the scored lines, as well as adding a few more for the pages.

Once again hope it meets with approval.

Mags




No comments: