Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Route 66

Route 66

Made this card for my nephew, and it was slightly out of my comfort zone.   My mind was blank as to what to put on his card, but I remembered I had the Making Cards for Men Magazine so turned to that for inspiration.   I saw this pump with Route 66 on it, and remembered that last year he did a road trip in the US, and I think he also travelled Route 66.  I know he is going again soon - so the decision was made for me.

Pearlescent cardstock from my stash, and then all the elements were from the magazine sheets.  The backing paper and the two toppers were matted on pearlescent papermania card, with the left-hand topper double matted.  A peel-off was then added to the strip along the bottom.

As I said this design was a bit out of my comfort zone, as I tend to keep my designs much simpler, and I dread men's cards! but I am quite pleased with how it turned out.

2 comments:

Beryl K said...

If you hadn't said, I wouldn't of realised it was out of your comfort zone Mags. It is a really great man card, I am sure your nephew will love it
Beryl x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mags this is one super card what fantastic colours, images and design, I love it.
hugs
Lorraine x