Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 6 October 2011

Sailing


Sailing!


Male cards are always difficult,  but I had a bit of inspiration with this one for my great nephew.  I know he does a lot of sailing, and when we were at a family christening recently I took a photo looking across from Portchester Castle to Portsmouth.  My g-nephews had earlier that morning been sailing across the inlet, and were saying how weird it was to be sailing within sight of where they would be later that day so .....

I converted one of my photos taken that day to all blue and used it as the background paper, which I matted onto blue card..  I copied the image and added the wording, and then cropped it so that I could raise it up on the original image, and match it to the skyline, but didn't create a mat for it.   I wasn't sure what sort of yacht/dinghy he normally sails so I had to take pot luck with the main image, which was also matted onto blue cardstock, and mounted it on foam tape.  Fortunately there were no markings on the yacht in the picture, so was able to just add the peel-offs to it.

When I recoloured the picture - I took the yacht image into MCS and colour matched the backing paper to part of the blue sky.  The words were colour matched to the sea in the image.

I wonder if he will realise the significance of the background paper - I may have to tell him!  (with a bit of luck - he may just recognised the Spinnaker Tower on the skyline!).

thanks for popping by.

Mags

No comments: