Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 17 November 2011

Floral sideswing

Floral side swing

Well it's back to my current favourite fold today for the last of the cards I made over the weekend.  Unfortunately the colours look quite different in the photo to what was actually on the card!  Sometimes it is so difficult to capture the colours!  (for instance the flowers are much more pink in real life, and butterfly is a silver peel-off and not blue! and the papers to the left of the diamond are actually the same as the ones on the right - albeit without the ribbon!)

I had the topper in my stash for some time, and had forgotten about it.  I had borrowed my daughter's new nestie shapes some time ago, and cut out the fancy topper backing from stardream card, and then coloured one of Joanna Sheens floral stamps to match -  I liked it so much that it got put away in my "stroking only" box  - lol!  So these two items were the basis around which I designed the rest of the card.

I used some matching shades of papermania pearlescent card, some ribbon, various peel-offs and jewels from my stash.   I highlighted the flower image with sakura clear stardust.

I created a personalised pretty pink insert using a JS backing paper which was like silk fabric, with another larger white daisy peel-off on it.

Not sure what I am up to today - managed to make 32 Christmas cards yesterday - (definitely on the LiM theme!) - so it may be more of those, or I may wield the steamer again and try and get a bit more of the stripping of the lounge done!
Mags

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Mags, I do love this fold
Beryl x