Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 3 November 2011

A Little Something for Me and some Christmas Bits

Quick Pendant

I needed a necklace to go with my T-shirt ysterday morning - 30 seconds later this was ready! A Glass pendant bought at Sandown and a piece of suede "ribbon".  (I took this photo outside and it has come out bluer than true life - the pendant has yellow tones in it in reality, and it was on some white card!).


 In the afternoon I was watching the second Sarah Millsop show on C&C and she showed a variation of her Christmas decs as Napkin rings ........ well I had to have a go didn't I?   On an earlier posting I showed a napkin ring, but Sarah showed how to do them using chenille sticks or ribbon - the inspiration I needed .....


Napkin rings and a tree decoration

and here are the rings individually plus a tree decoration (with apologies for the quality of the photos, as with the first one of the necklace - you would think taking them outside the colours would be more realistic - but my white napkins are looking blue! - must have been reflection from the sky!  :-)


a beaded charm with starburst beads on a metallic pipecleaner


red beads and starburst beads on a red metallic pipecleaner


Brown version

pale turquoise version
   
a very quick Christmas tree decoration

I have a 25% off voucher for Hobbycraft that arrived by email earlier this week - so guess where I am off to later today - think some more of the starburst beads will be on the shopping list, in addition to the wool I need to see if they have in stock for my new grandchild-to-be's blankie!

Wonder how much else I will tempted to buy?

Mags

2 comments:

Beryl K said...

You have been busy again Mags, some great work here. Your Christmas table is going to sparkle this year
Beryl x

Rita said...

What a wonderful array of creations Mags. I love the napkin rings. A lovely gift for someone. Hugs Rita xx