Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 11 December 2011

Gardening and Books Theme!


Had another request from my pal for a card with a gardening and books theme - think this is the third one I have made with this theme this year!  Must admit my mind was blank for a few days, as I didn't really want to repeat one I had done earlier this year.   As I got into bed last night - I suddenly had a brainwave - bookatrix board.   Now I don't normally use this, as I don't really get on with it (undertstatement !!!!) - but nothing ventured nothing gained!  (and blow me down when Jak Heath's email came through this morning - she was recalling using her bookatrix board a few years ago - phew that was scary - but then great minds think a like - LOL!)

Cream hammered card with a matted background on silver card (from JS Jane Shasky "from the heart of the garden" cd).  Bookatrix shape in pearlescent card and embossed vellum (vellum was from a Goody Bag) with an image from the Jane Shasky cd and a computer generated sentiment, both matted to match the background.   Finished off with some orchid coloured ribbon and some daisy ribbon and some little purple flowers I found in my flower stash!

Insert was also from the cd, and I put a little image of the topper on the purple envelope, which I lined with the background wood effect paper.
Took me most of the afternoon to produce - but think the majority of the time was spent trying to decide which topper and which backing paper to use! lol

Hope she likes it!

Mags

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Mags
Beryl x