Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 15 December 2011

Poinsettia Christmas Cake


I have been busy today - finished off a couple of necklances, and finished off two Christmas Cakes.  Didn't know what to share today - so thought I would show one of the Cakes.

So this is a Royal Iced Rich Fruit Cake for my son and daughter-in-law.  Kept it very simple.  Just a red chiffon ribbon around the base,  and a white chiffon one around the board. Some "iced snow" on the board, which has had hologram glitter sprinkled over it.


view of the top


Close up of the spray

I confess I cheated with the spray.  I had no idea of what I was going to put on the top and the I saw a spray in Sains which was on special offer - £2 instead of £3.   I decided to cheat and use that instead of making my own and mixing up lots of different coloured flowerpaste!    Not sure that my DIL was too impressed when I showed her - but I said that I was going to dust it up, which I duly did then ran it through the steam from the kettle to give it a shine and blend the dusts. 
The original purchased spray before I got to it!

right back to the grindstone still have my cake to finish.

Mags

1 comment:

lindah11 said...

stunning
hugs linda xxx