Going Green Blog Background

Friday 16 December 2011

Snowflake cake

Turquoise snowflake cake

This is the second of the three Christmas cakes I have made this year for the family.   This time a sugarpaste coated one.  I was very disappointed in the sugarpaste - I decided to try some new stuff this year that Mich Turner of the Little Venice Cake Company had put her name to.  I should have realised that as it was made by Silver Spoon it would be rubbish!   It was horrendous to handle and took a couple of attempts to get it on the cake.  Haven't had that problem since I first started cake decorating many many many moons ago!  Still we live and learn!  Not only that but the packet said "White" - erm as you can see in the photo it is ivory!  At least the blue dusted white snowflakes show up on it!

I made the top knot from turquoise and white pearl seed beads.  Slight panic when I discovered the ribbons I had weren't quite the right colour that I wanted, but solved the problem by putting a green ribbon under the blue one to get the required turquoise colour!  It now matches my daughter's dining room decor perfectly.

Look out for tomorrow's posting - third and last cake - mine!

Thanks for dropping by.

Mags

No comments: