Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Long Silver Necklace


Watching Sarah Millsop on Create and Craft today, and seeing her long Chain Maille necklace, reminded me that I had an idea going around in my head since before christmas for a long necklace, so I set to to put my idea into reality.  It is actually longer in length than in the above picture.

For the jewellery enthusiasts amonst my followers - the chain was a length of flat chain.  the beads were round sparkly silver beads with smaller shiny round beads either side, alternated with little sparkly "cluster effect" beads, with a decorated flat silver bead either side, held in place to create a "floating effect" by silver crimp beads.  This is the first time I have tried to do something like this with crimp beads.  I am really pleased with the end result - it came out just as I wanted it to, even my husband commented on how striking it was - heck - praise indeed!


full length view
I have also added a few other views of it - as it was quite difficult in today's light to get a decent picture.



It is also difficult to see how pretty the different silver beads are - I have converted a couple of the pictures to black and white so that hopefully you can see the beads better:



same picture as one above but converted to black and white


I will try and take a photo when the weather improves in daylight, perhaps with me wearing the necklace, as I would really like you to see how sparkly it is.

Thanks for popping by.

Mags

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

This is just gorgeous Mags, I love it
Beryl x