Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Granddaughter's efforts

A couple of weeks ago I spent an afternoon crafting with my youngest grandchildren.  They had the option of card craft of jewellery craft.  They chose cardmaking and at last I have obtained photos of the cards they made for their aunt, and thought as I had nothing of my own to share today I would share their finished cards.  They each designed their own card, I just provided some card and stash to boost their own craft stash, plus punches to choose from.  My job was to be in charge of the guillotine for trimming card!


 
 
The first one was made by the five year old.   She liked my new tonic punch, and managed the border very well. (they really are easy to use punches).   Good job the card was being hand-delivered as I think the beads she chose from my jewellery stash were a tad large! although they look good on the giant papermania flowers.  I showed her how to mat and layer her sentiment.  "oh Nanny I like how you do that, I am always going to do it - it makes it look like a bought card".
 



This second one was made by the two year old.  Her big sister actually stamped the Happy Birthday image, and then decided she wasn't going to use it on her card so her young sister decided to use it, and of course she wanted it matted and layered too, so I helped her with this, but she used the tape pen! 

I gather that when she knew I was coming over to do some craft, she was a bit upset and said to her Mum:  "But I am too little to craft, Mummy".   I don't think so!  I think she made an excellent job, and she has no trouble with a tape pen or foam pads and can manage peel-offs!

I make no apologies for being a proud Nanny for today's post, as I think we have two more crafters in the making! 

Mags

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

WOW, how wonderful these cards are, especially the two year old. Also how wonderful that your grandchildren live so near that you can have a crafting afternoon together
Beryl x