Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 16 August 2012

Welcome Home


This is a card I did for some very old friends (and near neighbours) to welcome them back home.  (They had a kitchen fire a few months ago, and have been in rented accommodation whilst the house was cleaned etc).  My pal lost most of her craft stash because it was smoke damaged.

Image is coloured with promarkers, and although I went around the  image with aqua promarker, I tried out my new Inkylicious Ink Dusters to do the background !  Oh WOW talk about the next best thing to sliced bread!  Never been much good at distressing etc as always seem to get an uneven finish no matter how I try - but these are ace.  I used one of my Big and Juicy ink pads.   I even managed to "dust up" the sentiment with the ink left on the brush.  No more tracing around the image with blue promarkers for me again!

If you haven't tried the ink dusters you must (I got mine from Joanna Sheen).

Mags

No comments: