Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Altered Art Pot

 
 
 
I decided to have a little play.  I wonder if anybody can guess what it started life as?
 
 
 
Well it was a cardboard "wrapper" for a pot of hyacinths, which I saved with a view to doing some paint fusion on, but instead I tried out some altered art.

 
I covered the pot with DecoArt modelling paste and made patterns with a serrated plastic knife, and added some little wooden embellishments.

 
I then painted it with various metallic paints to try and get an antiqued bronze look

 
 I glazed it with metallic glaze, the light is making the glaze look a little white, but it hadn't finished drying when these pictures were taken
 


 I took another photo today, and the glaze has dried less white - definitely looks more metallic now.
 


No comments: