Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 27 January 2013

A Little Bit Sketchy meets Fantasy Paint Fusion

Inspired by Sheena Douglas's new stamp range which I received this week, I created this card from my daughter.


Finished Card

The background was stamped on beige pearlescent card using the Always Floral stamps, and the leaves coloured in with black Promarkers and then over-painted with a turquoise H20 and some white mica powder for highlights.  The flowers were from the same set and the small ones were treated the same as the leaves, but the large one was outlined with antique lead liner, and then painted with a blue Pebeo fantasy paint, and cut out when dry.  Some matching gems were then added.

The topper was then matted on to black pearlescent card and the basic card stock was white pearlescent card.

For the sentiment I worked out the size I wanted and created most of it (words and flourishes) using CAP2,  and once it was printed off I stamped the little flowers from the Always Floral set in London Fog, and then "distressed" it with a turquoise from my Big and Juicy Mountain Meadow, using an ink blending brush, and edged it with Black Promarker, before matting onto some more Black pearlescent card.

I hope my daughter likes it - the flowers are her favourite colour! 


Work in Progress


For those of you that know my usual style of card, this is something quite different for me !!!!! - but I have to thank Sheena for the inspiration.  I can see me using these stamps on normal paint fusion type projects, as the leaf spray is really useful.  I can also see me using them with the Pebeo paints.  It's not often I do a lot of stamping, but I know what I like and I could see the versatility of these stamps.

Thanks for popping by.


Mags

No comments: