Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Felted Easter Eggs

 
A while ago we bought some polystyrene eggs from Hobbycraft, having seen a programme on Create and Craft in felting them, and these are my two attempts.
 
Both eggs were needle felted, and then I washed them in hot soapy water, rolled them slightly and then rinsed off in cold water (so a bit like wet felting). 
 
When dried for the one on left I cut out some flowers with a marianne die and some freehand leaves.   Although I used stick-backed felt, the flowers didn't really stick, so glued them on with some matte accents, stuck on some gems for centres, and made a bow and loop which I pinned on with a fancy head pin.
 
For the beaded one - I started with a double ended thread and made the centre four pearls, then threaded on seed beeds and did the strands.  Again a bow and loop added (different colours) and pinned on with fancy headed pin.  To help keep the beads in place, I also pinned the strand of seed beads at the bottom of the egg with a fancy headed pin.
 
I am thinking I might make some more beaded flowers and glue them on to the egg, and possibly add some random pearl gems to it too.
 
 

1 comment:

julie said...

I love your egg designs. The felting looks a skillful process,the left one is my favourite one, it has a marbled effect. Julie x