Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 26 May 2013

Playing in the Kitchen

I had the urge to do something a bit different with some cakes I made yesterday.
 
 
 
 
 
A single layer sponge, topped with chocolate water icing, and feather iced.  A few swirls of chocolate buttercream added and some daisies dusted with edible gold dust.
 
 
 

 
Sponge cupcakes (made in my cupcake maker).  A touch of buttercream on top to stick the chocolate sugarpaste on - which had been rolled with my very old basket weave rolling pin that my dad made me many moons ago (If you remember the old twisted flex - it was made with that wrapped around a piece of dowelling, about the thickness of a broomhandle).
 
The sugarpaste was then dusted with edible gold lustre, a swirl of chocolate buttercream and some butterflies. dusted with gold lustre.

No comments: